Re: Euphoria on ARM (and other processors)

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message
jimcbrown said...

RIght now Euphoria makes a lot of sizeof(void*)==sizeof(int)==sizeof(long)==4 assumptions. This is the biggest hurdle for anyone trying to port.

There is a handful of x86 assembly used in be_callc.c but this is fairly trivial assembly so anyone who knows ARM assemby could replace it easily. Failing this, a pure C version of be_callc.c exists and is used by the msvc40 branch.

I am not sure about other places. be_tasks.c no longer uses x86 assembly iiuc, but the pthreads library, so it should work ok. be_execute.c has some complex assembly hacks for the big switch statement, but those are Watcom specific. The gcc version uses a builtin gcc feature that should be portable (as in, it should just work) on the ARM port of gcc.

ok last time i looked (around august/september last year) there seemed to be tons of assembler in there and it looked like a massive task. I have to finish up some mucking around with framebuffers and i'll give it a whirl and see what happens

thanks

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message

Search

Quick Links

User menu

Not signed in.

Misc Menu