Re: Kolibri OS and Euphoria

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message
alanjohnoxley said...

Hi Kat, I can send you a "Teach yourself Linux" PDF ?
I collect manuals - I have maybe 20Gb's of computer howtos, PHP/XML/C/Oracle/Perl/ whatever.
Now, I just need to read a few... ;)

Can make some availible via a webpage, let me know what you want.
Eg, the default editor on Linux/Unix is a beast called "VI". Imagine a editor that was designed without cursor keys,
and to save a file you would hit Escape, colon, w, q, exclamation. Dunno what the designers were smoking...
A manual is helpful.

Regards, Alan

Thanks, Alan. The "Teach yourself Linux" , or better yet "I'll Teach You Linux Since I Know What I Am Doing More Than You Do Since You Don't Have Even The Basic Data". And, "How To Convert A Few Eu v4 Programs From Windoze To Nix"? Does any nix have enough of a gui to reliably allow me access to all the drives, and even a basic Explorer or Xtree interface, because i was highly disappointed with 4 Ubuntu installs.

Right now, this minute, i have a 320g drive that's wrapping at 137g, it was formatted with winxp sp3 with ntfs for 300g ;;; winxp is quietly supposedly stuffing data to it, and it's quietly not happening, no matter what Explorer says is happening, the "used space" isn't growing, and the "free space" isn't shrinking. Everything that can go wrong in a microsoft OS, is going wrong.

useless

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message

Search

Quick Links

User menu

Not signed in.

Misc Menu