Re: Reasonably pleased

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message

Just for general information - I currently have computers running Mint 8 (wonderful!), Parsix Kev (great) Dream (for people who like Macs :) and several versions of Puppy for the really low & slow laptops (600mhz/128meg). All these are cast-off computers from people who were running Windows and found them too slow, so they dumped them. They run plenty fast with Linux.

For comparison, I also have a laptop running XP, and a higher-end desktop trying to run Vista (these are for when I cannot avoid testing something on Windows). XP loses to Mint when run on identical computers, even when Mint has all the "Aero" bling turned on. Vista... well, the less said about that, the better.

Edit to add: I just checked the ff which has been running for 15 hours - now it is using 43 megs, down from 62 when I first started it. That makes little sense, but I'm ok with it.

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message

Search

Quick Links

User menu

Not signed in.

Misc Menu