Re: [OT] OS error in file access?

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message

I meant 1.4 million in the previous post.

I've since run across posts online about file transfers across lans or the internet in terms of millions of files. The same errors occured for them as when i copy files from one drive directory to another on the same or different drive, in the same computer or across a lan.

Yesterday, this resulted in winxp deciding it could not find a file which was plainly showing in windows explorer, on a drive within the same computer. The error msgs escalated to being unable to launch applications, and finally unable to write the MFT on 3 drives. Two of the drives it had no business being in. Those 3 drives where essentially wiped clean, there's no record in Explorer of any files ever having been on those drives, or of them ever having been formatted.

I had succeeded, over the years, of accumulating enough files of various data, on one moderately sized drive, that the count of files exceeded the ability of a modern up-to-date OS to copy backups of.

And yesterday, i lost 3 of those drives.

It's not a Euphoria bug, it's a Microsoft bug.

useless

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message

Search

Quick Links

User menu

Not signed in.

Misc Menu