Re: [OT] OS error in file access?

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message
DerekParnell said...
Kat said...
DerekParnell said...
Kat said...

I can later open, move, rename, copy, delete the file.

What does that mean?

I do not understand the question.

I'm sorry for not making myself clear.

[/quote] [/quote] [/quote] [/quote]

> What I meant was, your statement is open to a number of interpretations and I'm not sure which one you re trying to get across to me. For instance, do you mean ...
> * After I download the files, I must wait for a period of time before the system allows me to open, move, ...

No. Once i notice the file has not been moved or copied, i can open/view/copy/move the file manually. However, with millions of files, this is not acceptable behavior.

> * After getting the system error message, I can then open, move, ... the files but I can't do any of that until I get that message.

Not sure how i'd know the file was there if i could not traverse the paths until i get an error message saying the path wasn't there.

> * I can only open, move, ... the files in the latter part of the day. > * Or something else entirely different.

Well, immeadiately after the message *is* later in the day, so not sure how to answer that.

> Your phrase "I can later" seems to imply that some event must occur before you can perform one of those functions on the files in question. I'm just not sure what that event is in your case.

Only that any increment of time has passed, including the short time it takes to look at the other open Windows Explorer and click on the filename.

> Also, I'm not sure if you have actually answered all my earlier questions, so I'll repeat them here, with a little more context as well.

Immediately after getting the system error message, ... > * Can you rename the file? If so, do you get the message with the renamed file?

Yes. sometimes.

> * Can you copy the file? If so, do you get the message with the copied file?

Yes. sometimes.

> * Can you move the file? If so, do you get the message with the moved file?

Yes. sometimes.

useless

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message

Search

Quick Links

User menu

Not signed in.

Misc Menu