Re: proposed outline for installer for wxEuphoria on Linux

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message
Jerry_Story said...

Instead of an installer for wxEuphoria, making a .deb file and putting wxEuphoria in the Ubuntu repository would be better. But that probably won't happen for a while.

I've been considering the use of a Launchpad PPA to more easily distribute wxEuphoria as an Ubuntu package.

All these things are much easier said than done. Building .deb files and managing their dependencies has quite a steep learning curve. We can't always use the "latest" version of wxWidgets, because that often breaks at least one compatibilities and requires some rewrite an re-release of wxEuphoria. We'd have to monitor and match wxWidget's release schedule to keep everything in time.

All-in-all, you have great ideas, but I fear you're preaching to the choir. These are just my thoughts, so I'm not saying we will or will not do any or all of these things. getlost

-Greg

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message

Search

Quick Links

User menu

Not signed in.

Misc Menu