Re: Blat help - again

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message
ghaberek said...

Check out the GNU TLS Library. You may have to craft your SMTP commands by hand, but the hard part (TLS) is done for you. I can work on wrapping it this week if I have some spare time.

-Greg

Ummm. I don't really understand all that. I have to admit that though I am a programmer of umpteen years experience, I have used Euphoria and Win32Lib and Judith's IDE because I want to get functionality without knowing all the ins and outs of Windows & TCP/IP & TLS & YouKnowWhat. To me a PC is just a tool to help me with my real coding work which is for PIC16 and PIC18 type devices for equipment controllers. Entirely different field.

So - if you DO get a chance to get a wrapper going - no hurry, the FTP side is looking better each day - then I should be very glad to incorporate an email SMTP client in my program to send informative emails back to base. I assume it would use Blat, which is a complete free standing email client, even though I can't make it work at all; I get either error 1 or error 2 depending on the current phase of the moon and/or temperature outside! Something odd. But with a TLS add-on it should work with a server with TLS like our 1and1-hosted email server or with gmail which is more widely known and is definitely TLS'ed.

So - in summary - Greg, thank you, if you did that I would be very grateful. In your own time....

Andy

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message

Search

Quick Links

User menu

Not signed in.

Misc Menu