Re: Installing euphoria-4.0b2 on Xubuntu

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message
carolyn said...

Oh, I think I see now. EUINC tells the computer which subfolders of euphoria-4.02b to search for things in, is that it? So if I want to use files from various subfolders, e.g. ones I've created myself, I have to put in a EUINC entry for each subfolder so I don't have to type a long filename each time?

Incidentally, I've now found out how to get access to /etc/profile from the Computeractive Ultimate Guide to Using Linux (brilliant publication, I wouldn't even have taken the plunge and tried Linux if it wasn't for that). Seems I just have to type gksudo gedit in the Terminal and then I get the text editor up. I know where I am with text editors!

Oh, yeah, try ed, and then lets talk. smile

You can create an eu.cfg file right in your home directory, so no sudo required. The docs for config files: eu.cfg. In your home directory, create a file called .eu.cfg. Note the leading period! This identifies a 'hidden' file in linux. Here is what my eu.cfg looks like:

[all] 
-i ~/euphoria/dev/makedoc 
-i ~/euphoria/include/special 
-i /usr/local/share/euphoria/include 
-i ~/euphoria/include 
-i ~/euphoria/include/win32lib/Include 
-i ~/euphoria/include/eusql 
-i ~/euphoria/include/matheval 
-i ~/euphoria/include/ooeu 
-i ~/euphoria/include/wxeu 

All it does is the equivalent to setting EUINC to include all of those directories. But in an easier to manage way. Also, changing this file takes immediate effect.

Matt

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message

Search

Quick Links

User menu

Not signed in.

Misc Menu