FTP Routines - help, please

new topic     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message

I have been struggling with FTP access. let me explain. We have an FTP server which requires username and password. I can access this using routines I have got in libraries from contribs. I can read and write files. This is all very nice. What I can't do is perform a "dir" function. I have used the ftp command LIST, which returns a dir, but when I then change the directory with FtpSetCurrentDirectory, the LIST command no longer works. I have tried to get the FtpFindFirstFile and InternetFindNextFile commands to work but I am having great problems.

Since FTP is a well established protocol and since you Euphoria guys are mostly well-versed in internet access, can you help me? We don't have a URL for our FTP server, and I am not sure this will help. I have, of course, a fixed IPA, which accesses it fine. If I simply had an FTP server with a URL I could tell Windows (yes, WinXP) to alias it, but I don't want the general public to be able to access it.

I have probably missed something obvious; this is an area I have not worked with before. And I need help. the libraries I have been using are by Fabio Ramirez and by Daniel Berstein; these have different good points but neither really allows me to dir a folder so I can display the folder contents to my user. Oh, I still use Eu3 and will do until Eu4 is solid and I have got used to it.

So - any offers of help, Gentlemen?

new topic     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message

Search

Quick Links

User menu

Not signed in.

Misc Menu