[OT] fork from: Where's fork of "Euphoria dlls with multitasking"?

new topic     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message

Forked from Re: Where's fork of "Euphoria dlls with multitasking"?

mattlewis said...
DanM said...

So where's the forked topic?

It has been removed. It was way OT, and really not about euphoria at all.

Matt

I noticed that it was self-indicated as being OT, which automatically means it is probably not about Euphoria, but I wonder if that really should mean that it should have been deleted.

After all, people can choose to read OT posts or not read them, as they wish. I understand why obscene, or defaming posts would be deleted, but if it's not either, then is it's removal really necessary?

She was advised previously to fork topic changes, and now did so, even indicating that the new topic was OT, right?

I do understand that some people sometimes get frustrated by Kat's frustration, or may have little or no knowledge of, or sympathy for, her overall personal situation. But she is, I think most would agree, a capable and, (discounting her personal feelings to the contrary), USEFUL contributor to the Euphoria code-scape. And again I think most would agree that she is NOT intentionally "malignant". Recurrently prickly, yes, but then few of us have had to crawl a mile in her shoes(hand & knees), etc, have we?

I know the OEu devs here have to juggle and balance the time they spend on various things, and may simply not have the time for long "OT" discussions; but deleting her "OT" will clearly be seen by her as more persecution by those in power, which can only add to her frustration and reduce her inclination to contribute code, which doesn't really seem like a good thing for Euphoria.

Sorry if I've offended anyone, wasn't my intention nor my place.

Dan

new topic     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message

Search

Quick Links

User menu

Not signed in.

Misc Menu