Re: submitting code

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message
jeremy said...

I am not going to spend any real amount of time on this post or in this thread, it's a bit useless, but I did want to clarify a few things.

useless said...

Just as you are allowed to make improvements in Euphoria every day, i am not allowed to make improvements, every day.

You were on the dev team and did commit code directly just as I do but you flew off the handle when your code met legitimate criticisms, as all of our code does. We've went over this before.

useless said...

Or how there was a tide against me when i asked for string handling functions a decade ago, wrote strtok.e, and then those functions were added to Eu v4

1. How many people's code was not added to Euphoria a decade ago? I think just about no ones code was added, right?
  2. Your strtok.e code was not added to Euphoria. I believe you are speaking about split? This is entirely new code that does many different things. It accomplishes one of the tasks in strtok but many others as well. In no part was it derived or even thought of because of strtok. split is a very common method in almost any language. Because it wasn't in Euphoria, was in strtok and is now in Euphoria does not mean anything.

There's many functions in strtok.e, i was not speaking of only split.

jeremy said...
useless said...

I believe the getxml() in strtok lib would detect some misuse of the creole tags in this forum, from missing tags to overlapping tags fields, but that suggestion was overlooked as well.

Overlooked?!? I looked at strtok very early on in 4.0 development. getxml does what it says it does but it is by no means a complete XML parser. I did not want to introduce just partial XML handling. I felt it necessary to hold out for full XML processing, including the parsing, creating and querying of via X-Path. Until we get that, I don't think XML handling should be part of core.

It wasn't meant to be "complete" for everyone, i didn't even design it for Euphoria or the internet, i wrote it in the early 1990's for my own use. But for use IN THIS FORUM (and i did say IN THIS FORUM, while you are arguing now about INCLUDING IT IN V4 CORE), it would have sufficed to DETECT (not FIX) errors. This change in context is one example i yell out about harrassment. I never suggested getxml be part of the core, yet i must defend myself?

jeremy said...
useless said...

CK's posted pic which included a view of the header on euphorum being overlapped by tabs used to select other pages was fixable by css code i submitted, and i think CK also submitted code, and yet the problem persists. The submitted code isn't in use.

and it did mess up other areas (would wrap down onto the white sometimes). Again, we need a total solution. The end result is that we are going to remove the entire message subject or ticket title from the "Logo" area as it's not necessary due to it being displayed right below the logo area and in the title bar. This just has not been done yet and that's my code that I developed and it isn't in euweb yet either!

<me> No one suggested to anyone they go back to the drawing board to fix this or that in their submissions, only that they were refused. I was told a 15 inch monitor was just not acceptable and i should shut up and go buy a wider monitor. </me>

jeremy said...

... removed the rest of the post as it had nothing I wished to comment on as it's all been discussed thousands of times before ...

Jeremy

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message

Search

Quick Links

User menu

Not signed in.

Misc Menu