Re: Canadian Euphoria

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message
irv said...

I find it amazing that anyone could be "offended" by a leaf. What are you going to do this autumn, when these things are lying all over the ground?

It is illogical. As is being offended by a symbol which also happens to be part of some country's flag. Especially if that country is one which seldom bothers anyone else.

Besides, the alternatives are no better. Rainbow - people will be concerned with the programming language's sexual orientation. Penguin - PETA will picket to protest evil exploitation of poor flightless birds. Stars - no way! Nearly all "evil" countries have used stars in their flags. (Note: do not look up into the night sky. You might be offended.)

There's nothing anyone can name that someone, somewhere won't find "offensive". That is their own problem, not one we should worry about.

Irv,

As a Canadian myself I'm certainly not offended by the use of the red mapple leaf. It is just that I don't see the point of using it in euphoria language logo. Beside anyone is free to use the logo he want to use with is programs but the official euphoria is an international effort. Linux kernel logo is not flagged with Norwegian flag and everyone knows that it is the initial creation of a Norwegian and that Linus Torvalds is still a major contributor to it.

Jacques

P.S. Although I don't understand why Jeremy have a problem with the color of our flag I certainly won't start a flame on it.

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message

Search

Quick Links

User menu

Not signed in.

Misc Menu