Re: Euphoria Logo Contest, will you participate?

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message
jeremy said...

I'm not sure we should shoot for an all inclusive logo? An icon will be used rarely, the logo will be displayed everywhere.

The icon will be displayed whenever you see Euphoria source, or maybe an executable for which you don't use a custom icon. I don't know about you, but I see the current Euphoria icon everywhere!

And a logo that can function as an icon is far more versatile. It goes on hats, pens, golf balls, stationary, shirts, avatars, desktops. blink

So, yes... we should shoot for a logo that can also serve as an icon. You can always expand on the idea. For example, say we choose the {e} icon. Then, for the web site, you can "expand" it into a web logo and make it {euphoria}. That's somewhat adhering to what I mean where the logo and icon should be stylized the same.

Anyway, look again at the examples I provided of other logos/icons. They are simple, eye-catching, and have a "tech" feel. I don't want to see something flowery or colorful for a Euphoria icon/logo. The perception should be one of technology/programming/science.

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message

Search

Quick Links

User menu

Not signed in.

Misc Menu