Re: eDBI is born, feedback wanted

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message
sergelli said...

The "edbi.e," his new work, will greatly facilitate the use of DBs.

You use "SNV" for download, however this is a Linux tool. But I also see that you use a directory "c: \ projects>", signaling that is using the "CVN" in the Windows environment.

How is this possible?

There is a version "SVN" for Windows? Where found it? eDBI is only for use in 4.o ?

Yes, SVN exists for Windows and most platforms. If you are a command line user, Setup-Subversion-1.6.5.msi will do the trick. If you like GUI clients, then you may want TortoiseSVN.

Right now, while eDBI is in heavy development, SVN will be the only real way to download it. Once it get's to a stable state, then I will start producing binaries.

Now, right now, if you wish to play with it, all you need is really 2 files: edbi.e and edbi_sqlite3.dll. That will enable you to start playing. You may also want to look at the example: example.ex to get some simple ideas. You can run eudoc -o edbi.txt edbi.ex to get full docs on it.

Oh, about 4.0. Yes, eDBI is for 4.0 only. 4.0 adds too many nice features to try and program for 4.0 and 3.1. Nothing I produce will be backward compatible with 3.1, it's just not worth it.

Jeremy

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message

Search

Quick Links

User menu

Not signed in.

Misc Menu