Re: Simple object-orientated games programming using wxEuphoria

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message
Lone_EverGreen_Ranger said...
rosmond said...

If you are looking for code to make simple GUI games then try looking at my series of simple object-orientated games programming tutorials on www.rapideuphoria.com. They are cross-platform and can be found at http://www.rapideuphoria.com/tutorials.zip. I have only used Euphoria 3.1.1 for these, they are not yet guaranteed to work with Euphoria 4.0.

That's cool. Are you going to update the tutorials for use with 4.0? Also, is there going to be wxEuphoria release for 4.0? I heard there was going to be one for win32lib.

I will try to update the tutorials when a proper release version of eu 4.0 is available. I believe that the present version of wxEuphoria, though compatible with 3.1 and 4.0, is only temporary and will be replaced by a version of wxEuphoria which only runs on 4.0, because the routines called will be different. It is not worth my while to put in the effort to update until I know what the incompatible routines in wxEuphoria are and how to call them and use them from eu 4.0. I have done some commercial programming in the past and I know from past experience that writing code for alpha (and even beta) versions of supporting software is often a waste of time because the final release version of the supporting software often changes radically from earlier versions.

In the meantime I have started work on a new series of tutorials about network programming using wxEuphoria. Don't hold your breath waiting for it though! I am a very slow coder and writer and it may be several months before the series is ready for publication.

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message

Search

Quick Links

User menu

Not signed in.

Misc Menu