Re: The NickFrac screensaver, or How I Broke My Brain

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message

Hey, Nick, I'm just enjoying your handiwork. I love the way you can take the preview and drag it out. The saved fractals are instant, now, and you can just keep generating one type over and over and save any great-looking results. I wondered if one could be used to generate the basis for a new icon for Euphoria that others are doing!

I love the fact that someone is doing something with a PC other than try and make it connect to another using a network. It seems that the major requirement for computers and software these days is to get them communicating. Otherwise what the machine does is relatively minor. I write software for PICs - microcontrollers - to control systems, which I find quite satisfying. A PC I use for editing/compiling and then playing - and what you have been doing as a hobby is brilliant stuff.

Yes, I'd be happy to test your code; when it is as simple as bunging a *.scr into Windows and spending a happy lunchtime testing it out, no bother. Send them to andy hat kestreltelecom with a dot in the obvious place, and I'll get them with my emails even if I'm too busy to go on to the forum.

I will think about thumbnails, but I shall have to grab your pixel-drawing code to make it half-fast. You already have done most of the work by drawing a fractal in the small preview window, so maybe it won't be so bad. I can see my lunchtimes getting used up - so much for my usual games of computer snooker! If anyone else wants to try, though, I will not be offended, of course.

Andy

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message

Search

Quick Links

User menu

Not signed in.

Misc Menu