Re: pointers to variables

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message

Thanks again Bernie. That's what I needed to know.

bernie said...

If you really need a full blown compiler there is a wrapped
version of FASM assembler in the archive.

I tripped over an improved version of Pete's mini-assembler in the archive that also supported all such ops. It really doesn't matter which assembler I use, as long as it has the features I need or I can add them as required. As I say, I won't need it for a while yet, I still need to reverse engineer my old code as I only vaguely remember how it works. There was some good reason I didn't finish it....getlost

I do note there are expression parsers in the archive already but they appear to be interpreters not compilers and as such would run slower than Euphoria. My expression parser has an interpreter but it is only used to verify the correctness of compiled code in the test suite.

It suprises me that Euphoria still does not appear to have an "eval" method like Perl. It would make dynamic interpreted expression parsers absurdly trivial and have many other uses too. OK, throw that in the suggestions box.

Nick

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message

Search

Quick Links

User menu

Not signed in.

Misc Menu