Re: CGI help

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message
euphoric said...
GeorgeWalters said...

Well, here is what I need to do. I need for the browser to launch a program(somehow) which reads data from a database, collects the needed stuff and loads it into a template html script which would then be sent back to the browser. So, how can I do that? Right now, all of that is on my laptop which is running apache and I'm trying to launch from IE a cgi program which will build the html script to send back to the browser.

You have to tell Apache to use Euphoria to run your programs. Have you done that?

For instance, for BBCMF, I use esp as the file extension for files I want to serve my web pages. When you visit bbcmf.com, Apache knows to run index.esp to serve up the site pages. index.esp is a Euphoria program and reads data from a database and completes a template... just like what you want to do.

If you can get this program running, it will be a good start. smile

Yes, I just read about telling apache how to handle the euphoria program. This is for running the source as I understand. What I'm trying to do is look ahead to the point when all programs are done and how to xport the set to some customer site. I would want to bind and shroud the resulting programs so I don't have to install all the libraries and EU. Just the exe's. Is there a way to do that?

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message

Search

Quick Links

User menu

Not signed in.

Misc Menu