Re: IDE and eu4

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message
AndyDrummond said...

But "int" has been the same as "integer" for years - part of Win32Lib. It's used in many, many places, so why should it throw an error on this one? It does seem more likely that drawShape() has been defined somewhere else and doesn't like being redefined. But that begs the question why does it merely claims the argument list is badly formed? It looks perfectly standard stuff to me, but I haven't touched Eu4 at all - if the Eu3 to Eu4 shift is the problem.

int is not the same as integer. There are many optimizations in the backend when it knows that objects are integers. It generally can't do this for user defined types, which int is.

As I explained, the parser wasn't dealing properly with a forward type when the parameter name was the same as a previously defined routine name. It was a bug that it gave an error in this situation. It's been fixed in r2212.

Matt

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message

Search

Quick Links

User menu

Not signed in.

Misc Menu