Re: Is anyone else doing CGI on Mac OS X 10.5.7, Euphoria 4.x?

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message
jimcbrown said...
Tuishimi said...

Installed the latest EUBINs. Still no change. I wrote a Perl script alongside it, that does the same thing (as far as the initial controller loading the ini file and extracting URL parameters) and it works. So the data is there from Apache. Not sure why Euphoria is not getting it back.

Euphoria DOES seem to be able to extract environment variables from the command line (in Terminal). Just not running as CGI.

Based on http://www.digitaledgesw.com/node/31 and a few other web pages that I foudn with google...

It is likely that apache runs as a different user than the user you run the shell on. So stuff in any .plist file or in .profile/.bash_profile/etc will not show up. (Only env vars set in /etc/launchd.conf are truly global.)

Even so, I'd expect apache's own CGI env vars to show up without issue.

I've placed EUDIR defs in csh.cshrc, profile and envvars (under Apache2/bin). Euphoria seems to be working fine for the most part - just not getting environment variables when running as CGI... I really don't get it unless it DOES have something to do with path variables - but I copied entire "Includes" directory into my CGI-BIN folder... I don't know.

Anyone else running apache2 (MAMP would be better) that could slap a quick script into their cgi-bin that spits out the environment variables?

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message

Search

Quick Links

User menu

Not signed in.

Misc Menu