Re: How to make TextBox read only but look normal

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message
lockiedownunder said...

At the moment in my program, when a record is in display mode I set the TextBox's to setEnabled(TXTBox,False) but this makes everything grey & looks yuk.

How might I better display the fields and prevent people from changing the contents. But then enable the fields after clicking the edit button.

Firstly, the user interface needs to give the user a visual clue when a field is enabled or not. If you don't like the default disabled colours, you can set the background color for it. With the current win342lib in the sourceforge respository, you can call ...

setDisableBg( TXTBox,  Brown) -- or any other color you like. 

This is the background colour that the text control gets when it is disabled. By default, it is the Windows default backgrond, which is usually grey. If you don't like the foreground color, you can always set that when enabling/disabling it.

procedure enable_textbox(integer id, integer state) 
  if state = False then 
     setTextColor(id, BrightWhite) -- White text when disabled. 
  else 
     setTextCoor(id, Black) -- Black text when enabled. 
  end if 
  setEnable(id, state) 
end procedure 

Then instead of using setEnable(TxtBox, False) use enable_textbox(TxtBox, False)

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message

Search

Quick Links

User menu

Not signed in.

Misc Menu