Re: Ugh! I am having trouble visualizing sizers.

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message
mattlewis said...
vmars said...

Ok, I got it somewhat (see below), but I can't seem to get row-1 and row-3 to be the size I want it. So I'll mess with set_size. Ideally, What I want is
row-1 height = 50
row-2 height = 200
row-3 hekght = 50
row-4 height = 200

I think the problem is that you're passing a 1 for the third parameter (option) when adding everything. If you don't want the item to grow when the sizer does, pass 0.

Matt

OK, by changing to:
add_window_to_sizer( panlbox, panltop, 0, wxGROW, 0 )
add_window_to_sizer( panlbox, scrollwin, 1, wxGROW, 0 )
add_window_to_sizer( panlbox, panlmid, 0, wxGROW, 0 )

panltop and panlmid HEIGHT work fine. NO luck yet with ALIGN_LEFT or ALIGN-LEFT. AND I still can't control the height of scrollwin.
If scrollwin is ,,0 then I loose topbuttons and midbuttons visability.

Either way, if I manually stretch/change(hold down left mousebtn and drag edge of form) the form vertically, top and mid buttons disappear. Their panels are still there, but buttons are gone.
However, when I manually stretch/change the form horizontally, left or right, the buttons re-appear. There's that problem.

Then there's this: I can control the height of txted. But scrollwin remains incorrigible, can't yet change its height.
Stranger than fiction.
Thanks! ...V

btw: What's the best way to visualize sizers:
A sizer controls the THING(control) that sits directly on top of the sizer. Is this correct?

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message

Search

Quick Links

User menu

Not signed in.

Misc Menu