Re: Makedoc.exw

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message
Dan_M said...
doncole2009 said...
DerekParnell said...
doncole2009 said...

Hello out there,

Could someone please show me an example of a properly typed command line for Makedoc.exw.

I don't understand:

e:\euphoria\bin\exw.exe e:\euphoria\makedoc\makedoc.exw <source file> [-outpath=<path>][-prefix=<prefix>][-index=<index.htm>].

Is that the same makedoc that is distributed with win32lib or someone elses?

Yes I don't understand 'MAKEDOC Usage'

Am suppose to type something at start/run/cmd or am I supposed to go to a specific folder and then type something?

What should I type?

Don Cole

Don,

If I'm not mistaken, (haven't used or tried to use makedoc for a long time), then:

you have probably set up your computer such that when you click or double click on *.exw source files, the Euphoria interpreter will "run" the clicked on source program; and, if so, you probably clicked on "makedoc.exw", and got the 'MAKEDOC Usage' message,
e:\euphoria\bin\exw.exe e:\euphoria\makedoc\makedoc.exw <source file> [-outpath=<path>][-prefix=<prefix>][-index=<index.htm>].

What that message means is, when you tried to run it by clicking on it, makedoc.exw has looked at your folders structure, and found where you have put the Euphoria interpreter, and where you have (apparently?) put makedoc, and is telling you what you might type in a CMD window, relative to YOUR folders structure, so as to cause the Euphoria interpreter to run "makedoc.exw", and then allow makedoc to then read in the indicated <source> file, and then write out the resulting documentation, either into the same folder as the <source> file, or into another folder as indicated by [-outpath=<path>]. I'm not sure how to use the remaining parameters, though.

An example might be:

e:\euphoria\bin\exw.exe runs the interpreter
e:\euphoria\makedoc\makedoc.exw
runs makedoc
win32lib.ew causes makedoc to make a doc from win32lib

and it would be typed into a CMD window like this:

e:\euphoria\bin\exw.exe e:\euphoria\makedoc\makedoc.exw win32lib.ew

I suspect that if you added -outpath=e:\euphoria\makedoc\
to the end of the above, makedoc.exw would put the resulting index.htm into the same folder as itself (or maybe it would do that anyway, rather than default putting it into the same folder as the source, not sure)

I hope I haven't misunderstood you question, nor insulted your intelligence, nor given you wrong information.

dan

Thank you Dan,

That's exactly what I was looking for. Btw the default fold for the documentation to be written to is the folder that makedoc.exw is in. Unless you pick something else with the -outpath=<path>] option.

What I was trying to do was write a GUI with a browse button to select the files. But I couldn't figure out the command_line(). It uses fMain(command_line()) or fMain(arg). I couldn't figure out what to put in arg. Now I got it. I don't like using Command Line (cmd) very much. All that typing and if you make one little error you have retype all that stuff again.

Don Cole

And yes Derek the one you wrote or helped write.

Don Cole

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message

Search

Quick Links

User menu

Not signed in.

Misc Menu