Re: Database with Images?

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message

Putting them in the database won't inprove security much. Better solution is to put it in a restricted access folder and encrypt them. If you are working on windows xp or vista you can encrypt the whole folder (and subfolders) as windows offer folder encryption natively. Anyway if you really want to put them in database, you have to 2 choices:
1 - encrypt images before putting them in database.
2 - encrypt the database.

Jacques

lockiedownunder said...

Gday all, I haven't done any programming in EU for about 3 years, but I'm sure it will come back to me (I Hope).

Anyway I want to write a database with around 800 records. Each record will contain around 15 text fields no bigy so far. There will be one table of images. Probably around 3 or four images per record in the main table. Each image at the moment is around 1mb.

I want the images in the database as they are of a high security nature and I must restrict who can view them.

Any Suggestions? Should I even be using EU?

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message

Search

Quick Links

User menu

Not signed in.

Misc Menu