Re: Euphoria should support/be supported by HaXe through CGI in the future.

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message

OK, no offense.
My apologies to Derek; just don't like when somebody threat me like I'm Forrest Gump smile
I suggested it hypothetically. Still thinks that synergy is as great thing... and there are some similarities/compatibilities between haXe/Euphoria.

Pity is that Euphoria's web abilities are not better known. IMHO, I'm sure that you can do just anything you want wrapping it with e.g. PHP; but most kids will spend time learning handling "ready made" e.g. Joomla instead try to get it with Euphoria.

jeremy said...

Sure, we have plans of promoting it but they start with getting Euphoria out in the public as a general purpose language. Our major goal is not to make Euphoria the next best web platform.

I agree with you 100%. Euphoria should stay general purpose language. This is why I suggested haXe, as a somekind of web "add-on" to Euphoria. HaXe just looks flexible enough and has a good reputation (MTASC).
The fact is that many of wanna-be-web-designers tries to sell their story with Web2/Flash based/multimedia/blahblahblah; and they succeed! When potentional contractor see some nice, simple vector animated intro - story is sold! What is driven behind... who cares.
I don't like the situation in which monopole on (web based) vector graphic has one player with some proprietary patent. Team about haXe tried to change this paradigm (and they almost suceed with MTASC), that's all about haXe.
I'll definitely buy Adobe, just tell me how.

irv said...

Haxe claims to be a programming language. Why does it need support from/to/with Euphoria?

Nope. Euphoria IS and should stay (as Jeremy said) general purpose language. HaXe (IMHO) wants to be open source ActionScript replacer. Generic OO script language for web, with multimedia abilities, actually. It is not comparable to "real" language, and it needs some "hook" to become one. As I saw at wiki, they are working on C compiler. Well, they could also make some brench to Euphoria. On the other hand, Euphoria could profit from some multimedia abilities. It leads to popularity -> wider userbase -> more developers -> all happy. smile

irv said...

If we want to do the stuff that Haxe claims to be able to do, we can just use Haxe, right?

Exactly! This is what I wanted to say (just I'm a clumsy). But some wrapper (mid-layer) could be nice. I'll like situation in which I could use some Euphoric sequence-loop to produce nifty vector animation, and be able to use it through haXe.

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message

Search

Quick Links

User menu

Not signed in.

Misc Menu