Re: Brain-scratcher: New example of the delay

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message
CladStone said...

Okay, I'm hoping I can get someone else to reproduce this and offer some help with it. I've reproduced it on a second computer, but the parameters I had to use were slightly different, so I'm not sure exactly what all affects it.

Again, this seems to be an issue only with exw.exe. EX.EXE runs it a little slower, but it seems consistent, and not as slow as when exw.exe runs it slowly.

I'm able to reproduce this on Linux, using r2165. The magic number for me is 32. Anything less than that, and I get the delay. I believe this has something to do with the processor cache and how the OS deals with the memory. I suspect that there is a threshold at which it flushes the changes or something (I'm really pushing the limit of my knowledge here).

The bottom line is that I think there's nothing special about this code from a euphoria standpoint.

Matt

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message

Search

Quick Links

User menu

Not signed in.

Misc Menu