Re: A Something to PDF converter

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message
penpal0andrew said...
DanM said...
penpal0andrew said...

I have found out that Cairo C library has both antialiasing for smooth rendering of curves plus a PDF output. So, I think I will make a very partial wrapper

(not sure why it's named "claro"):

http://www.rapideuphoria.com/clarowrap0176.zip

I am not sure what Claro is. But it seems similar to GTK+, which is a highly usable, feature rich toolkit for creating graphical user interfaces

cairo is great, I have kept the version used in claro downgraded because newer version of cairo no longer work in win98. to get the fonts working get a newer version of cairo and I think few other changes will be required beyond adding wrapping for the newer or changed routines. I have used the png output but not the pdf, so if it isn't yet wrapped I'm sure won't be too difficult.

claro is now a defunct native GUI wrapper for windows using WIN32API or *nix using GTK and mac using coco. but I have only wrapped the windows portion so far. developed in c with and for the bersirc IRC client. as I heard it from the claro devs many months ago, there was a name/copyright conflict with a company of the same name and they changed the name to lucid, then abruptly totally changed all the underlying code to use a few c libs that are quite more difficult to wrap, but never got past the proof of concept stage. svn is gone, mailing list and irc channel dead for some time.

in additon to the cairo wrapper and widget, clarowrap includes an openGL widget. the cairowrap and chris benslers structs v2 could be seperated out but I have no idea how to attach it to any open window, and it is not something trivial to do since all the claro code depends on other parts of the code.

I have kept it updated to work with euphoria version 4, but am hesitant to upload a newer version until a beta or release candidate at least.(hint hint) and I haven't as yet removed the redundancies overlapping the newer eu4 stdlib and builtins. I comment things out but does need some major code cleanup.

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message

Search

Quick Links

User menu

Not signed in.

Misc Menu