Re: ver 4.0 No way to build new binaries

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message
jeremy said...
bernie said...

I thought you said that you needed different binaries for each OS.

You told me in the past that your memory requirements were different for XP and VISTA so you had to change the way memory was managed.

So now I only need to build one version and you said nothing about that when I was trying to build SVN 1709 and that was because of the problem of trying to build the XP binaries.

Thanks I'll just use the default.

Yes, we did in the past. However, after much testing, the speed difference between the two memory systems is not enough to worry about, so instead of causing hassle with having multiple binaries, we decided to make the older, more compatible memory system the default, managed memory. Compiling w/o managed memory (no-managed-memory to configure.bat) will result in binaries that will not run on Windows 98.

BTW... While talking about Windows 98, do you really use Windows 98 still? We have been wondering how many Windows 98 users and DOS users we really have.

Jeremy

Yes I use WIN98, XP, and LINUX because I want my libraries to support all three OSs.

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message

Search

Quick Links

User menu

Not signed in.

Misc Menu