Re: Problem with copying text to the Windows clipboard

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message
RobertS said...

I have a strange problem using SetClipboardText() from Greg Haberek's conclip.ew routine upon his suggestion, I am posting it here.

In a Windows console program I use SetClipboardText() to copy short text strings to the clipboard. The first few times this works fine, but after several calls to SetClipboardText the program reproducibly gives wrong results, and finally crashes.

(This only happens with the bound executable, not if I run the program from the Euphoria interpreter.)

Unlikely as this seems, the only explanation I have found for the program's behavior is that data in memory seems to get overwritten by SetClipboardText().

I have no knowledge neither of C nor of the inner workings of Windows nor Euphoria, so I do not know how to pinpoint the problem, let alone do any debugging.

Windows XP, Euphoria 3.1.1, conclip.ew 0.4.

The program where this problem occurs is a command line calculator called Hypatia http://www.drs.at/hypatia

For any help I would be grateful!

Robert Schächter

did you use bindw with -con option?

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message

Search

Quick Links

User menu

Not signed in.

Misc Menu