Re: DBI for Euphoria

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message
bernie said...

What I do not understand is why save_map does not simply save the RAM_SPACE bytes that are mallocated for the map and statistics that are available in that map structure and write that information out to a file.

I am repairing/enhancing these functions right this very moment.

The original decision was based on two things...

1. I wrote 'load_map' first, in order to process a particular style of text file format that could also be represented as a hash map. After which I then thought that maybe there should be a corresponding save map to save a map in the same text format. In which case, unprintable keys would not make a lot of sense.
  2. There was no readily available routine to write and read arbitary Euphoria objects. This is no longer the case as I submitted a serilaize.e library a few days ago to do just that.

Now my plans are to enhance save_map and load_map to support the existing text-file representation and to support any type of data stored in a map.

It should be ready during the next 24-hours.

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message

Search

Quick Links

User menu

Not signed in.

Misc Menu