Re: my Quest for the best wysiwyg GUI for Euphoria: Can an xml file created by XRCed work with wxEuphoria ?

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message
vmars said...

Ok, Matt, I found that thread:
http://openeuphoria.org/EUforum/index.cgi?module=forum&action=flat&id=103666

How will we know when XRCed is safe to run under wxEuphoria ?
What/where should I look for this ?

I'd say try it and see. Basically, you're going to get an xml file from XRCed. You should be able to use that in wxEuphoria. I haven't really used the XRC stuff. Greg wrapped that, and there is a demo that you could look at.

vmars said...

Sorry to be so stupid:
If I have wxEuphoria , would I still need the wxWidgetrs individually , other than for reference ?

wxEuphoria is basically a wrapper around wxWidgets. If you're using Windows, then you got a binary version of wxWidgets (that's the large dll, named wxmsw28u_eu.dll, or something similar). You can also build it from source, if you have OpenWatcom installed. It's not very difficult (one warning, I think that v2.8.9 does not build correctly with OpenWatcom, so use v2.8.7 or 8). If you're using Linux, then you can either use the version of wxWidgets that your disto's package manager supplies, or build it from source (which is pretty easy to do).

It's useful to sometimes refer to the wxWidgets documentation. The wxEuphoria documentation often hyperlinks to the wxWidgets documentation. When you're looking at the documentation for a particular class, there should be a link on the right hand side that will take you to the online version of the wxWidgets documentation.

Most wxEuphoria routines are used exactly like the wxWidgets routines. There are some places where wxEuphoria does a little more work for you, and combines what are actually multiple calls to wxWidgets code, but in general, the documentation for wxWidgets applies to wxEuphoria.

Matt

Matt

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message

Search

Quick Links

User menu

Not signed in.

Misc Menu