Re: wxIDE

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message
FredRansom said...

Although some simple demos with wxWidgets work, wxIDE as delivered does not work at all.

This is what I did to run wxEuphoria 12.2 and wxIDE in Windows (Vista) with the alpha release of Euphoria 4.02a:

1) download of wxeu-full-win32-0-12-2.zip at Sourceforge.net
2) download of wxeu-bin-win32-0-12-2.zip at Sourceforge.net. because wxeud.e is missing in step 1, but you could download it directly when browsing the svn trunk.
2) download of wxide.tgz at Sourceforge.net

I unzipped the files to d:\wxEuphoria and added the path of d:\wxEuphoria\include to EUINC. The files for wxIDE were unzipped to d:\euphoria\wxEuphoria\wxide.

I copied libwxeu.dll and wxmsw28u_wat_eu.dll to euphoria\bin and moved wxeud.e to d:\euphoria\wxEuphoria\include.

The demos do work with me. Benchdraw.exw must be killed with the task-manager if not started with all_demos.exw. In list.exw there is a logic error in procedure Click_Button1 (index should be object or sequence). Client.exw and server.exw I cannot estimate, but they do not crash. In the code of media.exw I had to add the name of a valid wmv file then it will work too.

wxIDE.exw uses a different wxeud.e in wxide\source. To run this with Eu4.02a you have to comment out include callback.e in about line 86. There is also a missing file hlist.e of Jiri Barbor which I found in a an older version of wxIDE (wxIDE-0-4-2.zip). I used these include statements in hlist.e:

include std/error.e include std/machine.e crash_message()
include std/wildcard.e
wildcard_match()
Matt Lewis

Now wxIDE should run. Of course some things should be modified in the code of the wxIDE files, e.g. without changes you will not be able to open the documentation. You can create code with the gui, but it will create include wxEuphoria.e instead of include wxeud.e.

wxIDE seems to be a project in alpha stage. But it looks very nice, the editor seems to work quite fine and all seems to be very promising. If I will have a better understanding of wxEuphoria (I do not know why I neglected this library so much time), I will certainly try to use wxIDE more intensely.

Roland

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message

Search

Quick Links

User menu

Not signed in.

Misc Menu