Re: EditText Bug?

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message

CChris,

In my experience of software testing, you have two kinds - testing with known valid data, and testing with random data. In the second case, we would find Euphoria just crashing at almost every turn, which is fine, if a little useless. In the first case we'd need to define the range of valid data and test against some useful subset of that. But just trying to decide what constitutes valid data and doing that testing, would be a mammoth undertaking. Combined with executing the various tasks in all the various valid arrangements would make the whole thing just terrifying!

I don't want to put you off, of course, but I do wonder if it is in fact better to do what the car manufacturers do - let the user discover the bugs and then put them right! Plus a certain amount of more general testing. Caveat actor ... my Latin is bad ... Let the user beware?

But all testing is of immense value - it does, at least, get rid of the silly errors. So don't let me put you off, M.Cuvier!

Andy

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message

Search

Quick Links

User menu

Not signed in.

Misc Menu