Re: [Win32Lib] wrap Media control?

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message
jimcbrown said...
mattlewis said...
jimcbrown said...

Not sure how wxWidgets works (or if it allows this), but if he creates the main (top-level) window with wxEuphoria and can get the HANDLE to the native top-level window, he should be able to create other controls as childs of that window using W32API directly. So it shouldn't be too hard to use Win32Lib for the rest of the app.

You can get a HWND (on windows only, of course) of a wxWidgets widget, so you could probably make a Win32Lib control the child of the wxWidgets control. Though I'm not sure if there might be any event issues (probably not).

However, I don't think that you could do the reverse. I don't think that you can inject an existing control into wxWidgets.

Matt

Which is why the top level window has to be a wxWidget window with Win32Lib child controls (and one wxWidget Media Control), instead of making the top level window with Win32Lib and adding a wxWidget to that window.

Interesting!

So, before I try to re-write what I've done so far under Win32Lib into wxEuphoria lib statements, I wonder if anyone could provide a short stub pgm demoing top level wxEuphoria window with one Media Control, and a button or two from Win32Lib, with workable handlers, if that's what you're saying could be done?

What I'm as interested in, though this might NOT be workable, is as much some of the Win32Lib FUNCTIONS, as in the controls themselves, since my existing code uses things from Win32Lib like get font height, get text extents, etc.

Dan

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message

Search

Quick Links

User menu

Not signed in.

Misc Menu