Re: Excel

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message
Mike777 said...
Mike777 said...

I figured this time I would ask first! Has anybody a good link/reference for 
building a DLL that can function as an Excel Add-in?  Not critical.  Not rush. 
Just something I have my sights set on. 

Thanks 

Mike 

It has been a while since I asked the above question, so I figured I would ask again. Still have my sights set on doing this someday. Maybe somebody who wasn't around a year ago has something they can add to this discussion.

I'm not looking for anything other than a simple template, but I do need to develop something that would be compatible with old versions of Excel , like Excel 97.

So that new readers don't need to read the entire thread, I'll summarize:

I'm not looking for an activex object, just a "simple" add-in. .net shouldn't enter the discussion, as it doesn't apply to an add-in of this kind. What I'm looking for is the ability to put a simple call in an excel cell like =myfunction(a1,a2,a3) such that myfunction runs some euphoria compiled code using the values found in a1, a2 and a3.

Always optimistic,

Mike

I should point out that the xlw project at http://xlw.sourceforge.net/refman does almost exactly what I want, except for the not insignificant issue of it using C rather than Euphoria. I wish I understood enough about wrapping C to sub Euphoria routines for the C routines of xlw.

Mike

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message

Search

Quick Links

User menu

Not signed in.

Misc Menu