Re: Translating Euphoria Apps -- Which compiler do you use?

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message
SDPringle said...

I have a question. Does any developer on this list have borland? If not, how can you be supporting it? If you use standard C you should avoid most of the compiler specific problems. Have you thought about benchmarking?

The top level statement 'profile_time' is missing from the Windows version. Certanily, this has made profiling a matter of putting time() before and after statements of interest. Is there some reason Windows cannot support this?

Yes, I have Borland. It is slower than Watcom. Watcom is slower that MSVC. Borland, Watcom and MSVC are faster than MinGW. I do not have any hard facts. Now, about using standard C. We cannot due to the C calling interface. Further, most of what makes Euphoria faster than other interpreters is it's use of non-standard features in the compiler. I would be very disappointed if we cease to use those features and go back to using INT_CODES for the interpreter which is a huge slowdown but standard C.

Jeremy

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message

Search

Quick Links

User menu

Not signed in.

Misc Menu