Re: Translating Euphoria Apps -- Which compiler do you use?

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message
jeremy said...

... I don't think any, many a tiny amount, of DOS development is going on these days so my desire would have been that 4.0 removes DOS support. If you want to do DOS dev, you can keep a copy of 3.1 around. Anyway, that's another thread smile

Jeremy

Out of curiosity, I did some Googling for DOS programs - didn't find many, and to be honest, the majority are really old, just out there for nostalgia or in case someone really needs a copy.

Very few new ones, and even those are pretty rough. I'm not saying they're poorly written, just that people now expect more from a computer than DOS can reasonably deliver. So they tend to be difficult to use. Not the sort of thing you could deliver to your boss or sell in computer stores.

And anyone who is writing little routines for his/her own use has probably migrated to Linux by now, anyway.

Just my 2 cents worth.

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message

Search

Quick Links

User menu

Not signed in.

Misc Menu