Re: or th ComboBox behaviour in win32Lib

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message
CChris said...

I still don't get why you use a combo where a dropdownlist is what you need. If you want to limit input to list, what is the point of having an edit field with free content you validate afterwards? Just have your user choose from the list by dropping it down.

... Otherwise, I need your explaining what you want to achieve.

They are two entirely separate requests.

In one case I don't want a limit-to-list at all. In fact, I want to be able to type more in the combo box than what will fit based on the font. Obviously, I could try to expand the combo box to hold the largest possible entry, but that doesn't look good in all cases.

In the other, I want to limit-to-list and I can use the DropDownList concept, but I have a lot of code surrounding the generation of Combo controls and would have to do a bit of surgery to change to DropDownList controls. While doable, if I could find a way to just change a flag and coerce the behavior of a Combo into a DropDownList it would be simpler for me at this point in time for this particular project.

Sorry I didn't make it clear they were not related inquiries.

Mike

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message

Search

Quick Links

User menu

Not signed in.

Misc Menu