A Few Questions from a Guy That's Been Out of the Loop

new topic     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message

Hello all ...

Since I've been out of the Euphoria loop for a year or so, I'm taking some time here trying to get back up to speed. That being the case, I have a couple of questions. Sorry if this is old news, but I didn't see a "Search" button or anything of the like. A lot of these questions are prompted by the fact that I am working on a project that will most likely take long enough that version 4 will have a stable release before I get done.

So, of course, the first question is this: has there been any sort of "off-the-cuff" target date made for the release of version 4? If it is going to be three months from now, I might as well go ahead and get Version 4, and use that for my development. OTOH, if that's still a year out, I'd best stay with 3.1.

Are most Euphoria users at this point using 3.1 or 4.0?

And finally, I perused the docs and noticed that there are a lot of changes happening to the core of the language, such as platform() going away. Is there going to be backward compatibility or is Version 4 going to break code? That's fine if it is, but I'll need to plan to migrate my code.

It looks like a lot of hard work has gone on in my absence! I'm looking forward to jumping back into the pool.

Travis.

new topic     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message

Search

Quick Links

User menu

Not signed in.

Misc Menu