Re: Vista users: machine level exception when calling external functions

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message
CChris said...

It boils down to executing code in a memory area Windows didn't assume oto hold executable code. This is supposed to defend against various virii. The memory allocate() returns a pointter to is not marked as executable, and this is why call() may fail with a machine level exception.

DEP can be restricted to only affect Windows base services, not user pps. That way, Euphoria apps with machine code an run. I am les sure why a call to c_func() would fail, but the reason is very likely close, if not identical.

I second the motion to inclue the fix in Eu 4.0. I'd do it if not for the lasting lack of svn access.

Why does it work for some people and not others? i.e. I've never had a problem here. I am not suggesting it is not a problem or should not be part of 4.0, I am just trying to better understand the situation.

Jeremy

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message

Search

Quick Links

User menu

Not signed in.

Misc Menu