Re: foreach

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message
jeremy said...
SDPringle said...

Why don't you guys release 4.0 with out adding features then add all these features in 4.1. Let the public pound on what you have finished so far.

Shawn Pringle

I do want to make mention that 4.0 has been in development now for 3 months. 3 months is a very small amount of time for a major release. The dev team has been speeding to get as much as we have gotten done in so little time. With any other language after the 3 month mark you would begin to hear rumors of what is or might be available. You would still have another 6 months before any type of alpha release.

I think the dev team has been feeling undue pressure to release for an unknown reason to me.

Jeremy

Jeremy is correct in this. I know that Ruby started development back around this time last year on 1.9.0, and didn't make an official release till December of 2007. And it still isn't at an official release. Python hit 3.0 alpha around August 2007, and they are just finally reaching the Beta phase.

While you may be anxious, what these guys have done, has been an utter miracle to bring the Interpreter as far as they have. And there's still a lot of work to be done, if you want to believe it or not. Work on the Interpreter to get everything correct, is strongly needed, especially to bring Euphoria up to compete with other languages, as far as Keyword features that are available in the language.

So sit back, relax, and enjoy the ride. If your so anxious, see about checking out the eubins (http://jeremy.cowgar.com/eubins/) and use SVN to check out the code. That is what I've been doing, and I'm perfectly happy with it, cause it gives me a chance to test for bugs, and let the others know what I find, so that they can work on it, and get it out there faster.

L8ers,

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message

Search

Quick Links

User menu

Not signed in.

Misc Menu