Re: Message List

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message
Kenneth Rhodes said...
CChris said...
Derek Parnell said...
Jeremy Cowgar said...

You were the minority. The majority now thinks it is correct. Or at least the vocal majority. It will come soon enough that you can set the preference. You can also simply bookmark: http://openeuphoria.org/EUforum/index.cgi?module=forum&action=list

Sorry, but I missed the poll too. I vote for Single Message List as the default view. I almost never use threaded view, and when I do its only for special circumstances.

Currently the very first thing I do when opening the forum is the change it to single message view. That way I can see were I'm up to; what I have read and what I haven't read.

The Threaded view list seems in no particular sequence, and I can't tell which are new threads or ones I haven't looked at yet. It just seems far too chaotic. I don't think that I'd ever want to use the threaded-list view.

Same opinion on all counts.

CChris

The Forum seems to have made a leap from simple, clear, and elegant to downright confusing.

I like it just fine. It can only get better when we are able to save our individual exccentricities in cookies (or whatever). Already, it's much nicer and easier to use than most forums I use.

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message

Search

Quick Links

User menu

Not signed in.

Misc Menu