Re: compiling euphoria 4.0

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message
Jim C. Brown said...
Matt Lewis said...
Jim C. Brown said...

Where is svn~1 or .svn referenced in makefile.wat / configure.bat? Can you point me to a line number?

I think the biggest problem is that it isn't referenced at all. Take a look at line 578 in makefile.wat. That's where revget.ex is called, but it doesn't reference any dir.

That was a recent change. I did that in order to fix the issue with .svn vs svn~1 - instead of being told, revget.ex is smart enough to figure it out on its own now.

Matt Lewis said...

It seems to me that the correct way to handle this is to add the .svn, and have the euphoria code adjust if it can't find it. Or, possibly, add a configure option. Either automatically detect it, or make the user tell us with something like with-fat, or whatever the troublesome filesystem is.

Matt

Thats my point. revget.ex should be detecting the right value automatically now.

But don't you see that doesn't matter? Make will look at rev.e and see if it needs to be updated because it is correctly listed as an indirect dependency of the interpreter but since there are no dependencies revget.ex never gets called by make.

You need a dependency:

rev.e : .\$(SVNDIR)\entries 
	$(EX) revget.ex 

I was trying to build on a non-Microsoft file system. The value .svn is also svn~1 on any Microsoft file system but on my third party driver it doesn't do that.

Try this:

mkdir .foo 
dir foo~1 
 El volumen de la unidad E es TEMP 
 El número de serie del volumen es: 50B3-8A45 

Directorio de E:\foo~1 

16/07/2008  09:27    <DIR>          . 
16/07/2008  09:27    <DIR>          .. 
               0 archivos              0 bytes 
               2 dirs     372.240.384 bytes libres 

foo~1 is like a directory hard-link to .foo. It will not appear in the dir list but you can access it like a hidden directory.

I finally gave up and went with FAT for my development. For some good reasons people didn't like that my configure script was written in EUPHORIA. So, I ported over this part to Batch. Put this after the first line in configure.bat:

if exist svn~1  echo SVNDIR=svn~1 >> config.wat 
if not exist svn~1 echo "Warning:  DOS build impossible on some non-Microsoft file systems." 
if not exist svn~1 echo SVNDIR=.svn >> config.wat 

I tested the configure script and the modified makefile on both file systems. Makefile then does the right thing.

It works.

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message

Search

Quick Links

User menu

Not signed in.

Misc Menu