Re: compiling euphoria 4.0

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message
CChris said...

I can't disagree more. Oh well, perhaps.

They decrease productivity a lot, because it is far easier to type a couple things in the right fields (and there may be a dropdown of latest entries) which you point and ckick than typing it all on the cmd line.

I think this is a matter of what you are use to. If you never work in a command line client then I can see it being slower. I can also see that if you use a console all the time, that a GUI would be pretty slow. I personally can get things out on the keyboard 100x faster than on the mouse. I dread my mouse and only use it when I have to (which really isn't that much).

Anyway, text or GUI is something that will be debated for a long time and probably no one is right. I'd just leave it at that. To say that the console decreases productivity a lot, though, is, um, pretty misleading. It would be interesting to have a race between a die hard GUI user and a die hard text user. Who can check out a project, compile it, make a change, commit and run a demo program first. My money would be on the console user blink but... is green prettier than blue? Solve that and you may have a chance of solving text or GUI.

Jeremy

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message

Search

Quick Links

User menu

Not signed in.

Misc Menu