Re: Forum: Threads: previously read show as new

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message
Dan M. said...

I like reading posts by threads, and I very much like that when I read a whole thread, all posts in that thread (at least those currently in that thread) get the "New" star removed; however, when I leave the forum and come back later, the "New" stars are back by all the posts I read via threads. Anybody else notice this??

Right now the system is less than optimal at tracking which messages you have read because it does so by IP address since there are no user accounts yet. I do not have the problem you do because my IP stays pretty much the same for very long periods of time. However, many people are on a dynamic IP address. Thus, next time you check the forum you may have a new IP and EUforum doesn't think you have read the message before.

Once user accounts are completed, this tracking will be done by user account (as it should be) and not IP. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Dan M. said...

Also, it seems that quotes in subject get truncated.

Hm. Can you give me an example?

Dan M. said...

p.s. don't get me wrong, I really like what you've done and are doing with the forum! It's fantastic! or more accurately, Euphoric! smile

I do not take a bug report as a negative, don't worry about reporting bugs.

Jeremy

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message

Search

Quick Links

User menu

Not signed in.

Misc Menu