Re: New forum layout

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message
CChris said...

I wonder whether I like it better.

First, I think I liked the warmer coloors better. But that's just me perhaps.

Unvisited links are usually shown in blue by the browser. So that's how Older/ Newer/ Thread view etc are displayed. Blue over clearer blue is definitely hard to read. Please use some other background color, say pale green or pale orange, but _not_ blue.

I think most of us read a post and then, when they reach the end, decide what to do - post, reply, next, see thread etc. So, having a button bar at the bottom is more useful than having it at the top. The former format with both top and bottom was very good, why removing the lower bar?

Also, I think a "post new message", or "start new thread" button is necessary in message/thread view. You don't need to go to messahe list to start a new thread, do you?

In a nutshell, the new look is colder, probably more "professional", but certainly less ergonomic.

CChris

I agree while I like the added content I preferred the previous simple layout. This does, however, look more "professional".

I especially like the addition of links to the documentation and to Rapideuphoria which are very welcome!

I also agree that "Create New Message" should be part of the message view.

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message

Search

Quick Links

User menu

Not signed in.

Misc Menu