Re: Prev/Next Fix

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message
Jeremy Cowgar said...
don cole said...

I believe the the default first page one sees should be 3439 of 3439 (the newest page).

Don, this is backward from any forum I've seen. You can look at Yahoo Groups, Google Groups, phpBB and others. Newest posts are on page 1 at the top of the page. Some have an option for sorting in reverse order that would put the latest post on 3,439 at the bottom of the page, but that's usually the exception.

Jeremy

I agree withe Don. phpBB does NOT put newer messages on page 1. http://www.phpbb.com/community/viewtopic.php?f=72&t=1039695

The only time you see "newest posts on page 1" or at the top of the page is when it is showing you a "view new messages" or "view topics" list, which shows only topics, not the messages themselves. Then when clicking on a topic it takes you to the subforum or to messages. Threads always show oldest messages on lowest pages.

For EuForum to conform to standard forum display formats, it would have to show topics (the "subject" of a message) on the index page, with the topic having the most recent post at the top. Then, when clicking on a topic, it takes you to the threaded messages.

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message

Search

Quick Links

User menu

Not signed in.

Misc Menu