Re: EuForum; Next and Previous buttons

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message

Hi

To me the position of the newer / older buttons is counter intuiitve.

Most western civilisations read from left to right, so that forward is usually from left to right, and backwards from right to left.

Thus, on the main forum list older and oldest should be on the left hand side pointing to the left, and newer and newest should be on the right hand side pointing to the right, being consistent with the way that we read, and pointing forwards and backwards.

Similarly, on the message itself, older should be on the left pointing to the left, and newer should be on the right, pointing to the right.

This would be consistent with tape and cd players, where the play and fast forward buttons point to the right - uless anyone has ever encountered different.

As I said, most western civilisations read from left to right. I'm not sure how to accomodate those languages that are read up and down, or right to left.

Chris

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message

Search

Quick Links

User menu

Not signed in.

Misc Menu