Re: Euphoria web server

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message
Jeremy Cowgar said...
Matt Lewis said...

proc_open (Google seems to tell me this is some kind of php thing?) sounds like something suitable for a library.

Jim is working on it now. It's often refered to as popen() on Linux. CreateProcess on Windows. For windows there is capture.zip found in the archive but it's only Windows. Since it's possible on Windows and Unix, to be included in std lib it needs to work on both major platforms. Jim has popen() for Linux wrapped already (something he had done a while ago).

So, making it all work together does not seem to be a hard thing and it's certainly worth while for std lib inclusion.

Jeremy

I just finished capture.eu (basically the same interface as capture.ew but with posix underneath instead of w32api). However the capture library suffers from the limitation that only one process can be popened at a time.

My original pipeio library was more generic than this and allowed for as many processes as the system supported.

My attempts to contact CoJaBo about this do not elicit a response. So until we get someone who knows how to fix the limitation in capture.ew or has a separate popen library for windows I'm going to recommend against.

capture.eu is available at http://linuxbuddhist.net:8080/capture.eu

pipeio is available from the archives.

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message

Search

Quick Links

User menu

Not signed in.

Misc Menu