Re: Euphoria web server

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message
euphoric said...

So, if my web host uses Apache, I'm going to have an Apache install at my dev location. Hopefully you're not really maintaining web software from 5 different locations.

I use Apache on my Windows box at home for development because my web host uses Apache. The config file I create at home works on the Linux box at my host.

I agree. The point remains, I'm not going to config a web server on my development platform that doesn't translate 1:1 to my web hosting platform. Of course, I'm only using one PC to develop on. If I had multiple PCs, I might... no... not even then.

Hm, I guess we are in a different boat here. I test my web apps on IIS, LigHTTPD, Apache, TomCat and Jetty as I have some web apps deployed on all of those servers. At a moments notice, the web app could be sold to someone running IIS, or to Apache, or to a Java shop and run on Tomcat. In reality, your web app should care less about what server it's deployed under (or what platform). I personally (outside of work and installs on client servers) use Apache and for one Java app I have, Jetty. Aside from the Java app, the apps will run in all servers. For instance, EUforum here. It's been tested under LigHTTPD, Jetty and Apache.

Jeremy

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message

Search

Quick Links

User menu

Not signed in.

Misc Menu